95% of FuturesNW students over the past four years have been admitted to a college of their choice immediately after high school, a rate 2x higher than the national/state average for low-income students.
How to get into and pay for college shouldn’t be a secret. Our mission is to level the college playing field and empower students from underserved communities to achieve their career and college dreams.
- I’m Going to College- Workshops for middle school students with an emphasis on seeing yourself as a college graduate. Includes panels with high school students sharing their experiences, exploring different kinds of college classes with college outreach counselors, and perseverance experiences.
- Financial Literacy- Workshops for families to help them be able to navigate the financial planning needed to pay for college.
- QuickStart – 2.5 summer camp that gives high school seniors the jump on the college application process.
- Academic Mentoring- Intensive support for students who are interested in going to college but need additional support to be academically successful.
- Family Engagement- Small groups of high school staff and college experts help guide parents through the college planning process for their child.
- Leadership – Opportunities for high school students to develop critical leadership skills while supporting their community.
- College Advising – Individualized planning for each student that helps them through the college selection and application process.
- Summer Connections – Transition support for high school seniors as they move from their high school to their college campus.
What We've Achieved
- 90% increase for freshmen students passing all classes (2014-2015)
- 60% increase for sophomores and juniors passing all classes (2014-2015)
- 97% of the students in the QuickStart program complete a FAFSA as compared to less than 30% of students statewide (2011- 2014)
- 97% of the students in past QuickStart program apply to college as compared to 55% of their low-income peers (2011-2014)